Sci-Fi Short Stories Compilation 1, by F.L. Wallace
1. Star-Crossed Lover: She was a wonderful (star / alien) wife — sweet, pretty, loving—but she would keep littering up the house with her old, used-up bodies!
2. Big Ancestor: Man's family tree was awesome enough to give every Galactic race an inferiority complex — but then he tried to climb it!
3. Delay in Transit: An unprovoked, meaningless night attack is terrifying enough on your own home planet, worse on a world across the Galaxy. But the horror is the offer of help that cannot be accepted!
4. The Impossible Voyage Home: The right question kept getting the wrong answer—but old Ethan and Amantha got the right answer by asking the wrong question!
5. Mezzerow Loves Company: There were pride and indignation in Mezzerow's mission to Earth and yet a practical reason ... but maybe he should have let bad enough alone!
6. Tangle Hold: Jadiver objected to being the greatest influence for good on Venus ... because what was good for Venus was bad for Jadiver!
* This eBook is in PDF format - easily readable on all devices.
* File size: 1.5 MB
* Length: 206 (A4) Pages
F. L. Wallace (1915 – 2004), sometimes credited as Floyd Wallace, was a noted science fiction and mystery writer. He was born in Illinois and and died in California. Wallace spent most of his life in California as a writer and mechanical engineer after attending the University of Iowa. He also attended UCLA. His works have been translated into numerous languages, and his stories are available today around the world in anthologies.